Scottish life and chemical science firms are calling on UK and global manufacturers to recognise Scotland as an ideal European base as the sectors seek to achieve ambitious revenue and export growth targets.
A new industry-led strategy was launched on September 22nd 2015 to business leaders at the Encap Drug Delivery facility in Livingston, of which the key elements include:
- Changing perceptions of manufacturing to recognise that it is a highly skilled, well paid career choice
- Commercialising research by translating intellectual property into opportunities for manufacturing
- Strengthening the manufacturing base by identifying and filling gaps in the facilities available to support development and growth
- Highlighting the benefits of ‘re-shoring’ manufacturing to Scotland from overseas and the strength of the supply chain infrastructure
- Attracting investment from overseas companies
Life and Chemical Sciences Manufacturing Strategy
Why Manufacture in Scotland?